Our workshops help outdoor enthusiasts build a solid foundation for safe wilderness travel. Digital Trip Planning and GPS Navigation focuses on the advanced skills and digital tools required to plan a trip and navigate in the backcountry. This workshop includes a full field day in the Strathcona Park backcountry to practice our skills.
Who is this workshop for?
Instructional programs are just as important to us as guided trips. These events give locals a chance to access the same professional guiding services without the added expenses of long-distance travel or multi-day time commitments. We have a lot of fun at our workshops. Our programs are best suited for:
- Intermediate hikers and backpackers who wish to advance their knowledge and skills; OR
- Advanced hikers and backpackers who want to refresh and learn new skills.
Why join us?
Professional instruction and a learning-intensive weekend are guaranteed. We encourage and empower our participants to take charge of their own adventures. You will learn to prepare for the wilderness the way an outdoor professional does. Our programs feature:
- Science and research. We are avid researchers who love to learn and share the latest technical information. We offer patient and courteous instruction based on decades of professional and recreational experiences in the outdoors.
- Guiding excellence. Mike is a certified ACMG Hiking Guide and passionate about creating and sharing beautiful wilderness adventures. He has discovered a love of teaching and strives to offer the added value of personalized coaching to all his guests and participants.
- Experiential learning. All of our workshops are rich in experiential learning. Immerse yourself in learning and gain the confidence and skills to apply to your own trips. Coaching starts on the day your registration is confirmed and continues up until the end of the workshop.