The Pacific Rim Traverse connects two world-class day hikes on the long sandy beaches of Pacific Rim National Park Reserve. We will walk on the most beautiful beaches and learn about hiking and camping in a coastal environment. The traverse includes two nights at the Parks Canada Green Point Campground near Tofino.
Who is this trip for?
Our goal is to build strong teams and best match our guests to a specific trip. Our Pacific Rim Traverse guided trips are best suited for:
- First-time hikers / backpackers with a desire to learn new skills; OR
- Any hikers / backpackers wanting to learn / refine skills or experience an adventure with all of the logistics taken care of; OR
- Any hikers / backpackers who wish to explore the best of Pacific Rim National Park with a guide.
Definitions of experience levels:
- First-time backpacker: You have done some day-hiking, but have no overnight backpacking experience.
- Novice: You have completed some short backpacking trips.
- Intermediate: You backpack often on established trails or have participated in guided backpacking trips in the past.
- Advanced: You backpack often on established trails and off-trail in remote areas. You have solid wilderness navigation and wilderness first aid skills.
- Look forward to obstacles such as logs, stairs, creek crossings, intertidal rocks, and sand.
- Be comfortable hiking and carrying your day pack for 8 hours per day.
- Expect to hike and camp in wet conditions.
Why join us?
Beautiful scenery, incredible wildlife, and a life-changing adventure are guaranteed. We encourage and empower our guests to become a part of the adventure. You will experience your trip the way an outdoor professional does. Our Pacific Rim Traverse guided trips feature:
- Beginner friendly. The Pacific Rim Traverse is a unique opportunity to learn hiking and backpacking skills, while exploring little known pockets of Pacific Rim National Park. Mike will show you the best spots to see the intertidal wildlife this park is famous for.
- Guiding excellence. Mike is a certified ACMG Hiking Guide and passionate about creating and sharing beautiful wilderness adventures. He has discovered a love of teaching and strives to offer the added value of personalized coaching to all his guests.
- Experiential learning. All of our trips are rich in experiential learning. Immerse yourself in learning and gain the confidence and skills to apply to your own trips. Coaching starts on the day your registration is confirmed and continues for the duration of the trip.
Thank you so much for such a great day. We both really enjoyed our time with you. Your knowledge, professionalism, and enthusiasm are a credit to you.
– Peter and Bruce, UK