- Scenery. The Augerpoint Traverse accesses some of the best mountain scenery in Strathcona Provincial Park.
- Route-finding. Most of the Augerpoint Traverse follows an unmarked route versus an established trail. Wilderness navigation skills are required, enhancing the fun!
- Buttle Lake. Whether you start or finish at Buttle Lake, the views of the lake are impressive from Jack’s Trail. The surface water changes colour over the day.
- Ruth Masters Lake. The best wilderness camp zone on the Augerpoint Traverse is at Ruth Masters Lake. A swim in this subalpine gemstone is refreshing on a hot day.
- Mount Albert Edward. This peak is the 6th highest on Vancouver Island at 2093 m. A non-technical approach rewards the hiker with expansive alpine views in all directions of Strathcona Park.