The Bedwell Lakes Trail is one of the easiest routes into the backcountry of Strathcona Provincial Park. Our objectives will be experiencing an incredible adventure and learning about backpacking in a mountain environment. Itinerary and side-explorations are dependant on team desire and weather.
Who is this trip for?
Our goal is to build strong teams and best match our guests to a specific trip. Our Bedwell Lakes Trail guided trips are best suited for:
- Enthusiastic novice backpackers with a high level of physical fitness; OR
- Strong intermediate backpackers; OR
- Advanced backpackers wanting to learn / refine skills or experience an adventure with all of the logistics taken care of; OR
- Returning guests who have joined us previously on a multi-day Strathcona Park backpacking trip.
Definitions of experience levels:
- First-time backpacker: You have done some day-hiking, but have no overnight backpacking experience.
- Novice: You have completed some short backpacking trips.
- Intermediate: You backpack often on established trails or have participated in guided backpacking trips in the past.
- Advanced: You backpack often on established trails and off-trail in remote areas. You have solid wilderness navigation and wilderness first aid skills.
- Look forward to challenging obstacles such as steep slopes, elevation gains and losses, and suspension bridges, boardwalks, and steel stairs.
- Be comfortable hiking and carrying your loaded backpack for 6-8 hours per day.
- Expect to hike and camp in all weather conditions (wet, cold, heat).
Why join us?
Beautiful scenery, incredible wildlife, and a life-changing adventure are guaranteed. We encourage and empower our guests to become a part of the adventure. You will experience your trip the way an outdoor professional does. Our Bedwell Lakes Trail guided trips feature:
- Easy access. The Bedwell Lakes Trail is a well designed route that offers quick access to the subalpine and alpine zones. There are two campsites with tent pads located beside beautiful lakes at the base of two famous mountains: Big Interior Mountain and Mount Tom Taylor. There is also excellent access to Cream Lake and spectacular views of Mount Septimus and Nine Peaks. This trip is a great introduction to backpacking in the mountains.
- Guiding excellence. Mike is a certified ACMG Hiking Guide and passionate about creating and sharing beautiful wilderness adventures. He has discovered a love of teaching and strives to offer the added value of personalized coaching to all his guests.
- Experiential learning. All of our trips are rich in experiential learning. Immerse yourself in learning and gain the confidence and skills to apply to your own trips. Coaching starts on the day your registration is confirmed and continues for the duration of the trip.