Custom trips give us the opportunity to design a special trip for your group. We will create an unforgettable adventure suitable to everyone’s objectives, and physical abilities. Custom trips are available in these locations:
- Strathcona Provincial Park
- Cape Scott Provincial Park
- Pacific Rim National Park
- Nootka Island
- Banff National Park
- Glacier National Park
- Jasper National Park
- Kootenay National Park
- Revelstoke National Park
- Waterton National Park
- Yoho National Park
Who are custom trips for?
Custom trips are for people who desire personalized locations, dates, and objectives. Our custom designed adventures are suited for:
- First-time backpackers; OR
- Novice backpackers; OR
- Intermediate backpackers; OR
- Advanced backpackers wanting to learn / refine skills or experience an adventure with all of the logistics taken care of; OR
- Returning guests who have joined us previously on a multi-day backpacking trip.
Definitions of experience levels:
- First-time backpacker: You have done some day-hiking, but have no overnight backpacking experience.
- Novice: You have completed some short backpacking trips.
- Intermediate: You backpack often on established trails or have participated in guided backpacking trips in the past.
- Advanced: You backpack often on established trails and off-trail in remote areas. You have solid wilderness navigation and wilderness first aid skills.
Why join us?
Beautiful scenery, incredible wildlife, and a life-changing adventure are guaranteed. We encourage and empower our guests to become a part of the adventure. You will experience your trip the way an outdoor professional does. Our custom guided trips feature:
- Exclusive adventure. A custom trip allows for ultimate flexibility in personal objectives and learning. For example, if photography is your passion, we can design a trip to allow for lots of pictures. If there are specific skills you wish to learn, we will build a tailored curriculum.
- Guiding excellence. Mike is a certified ACMG Hiking Guide and passionate about creating and sharing beautiful wilderness adventures. He has discovered a love of teaching and strives to offer the added value of personalized coaching to all his guests.
- Experiential learning. All of our trips are rich in experiential learning. Immerse yourself in learning and gain the confidence and skills to apply to your own trips. Coaching starts on the day your registration is confirmed and continues for the duration of the trip.
Thank you for an incredible day! Justin is still beaming about being able to climb a summit. I had a great day, too, thanks to you. You encouraged without pushing, made it fun even though it was hard work at times. We always felt comfortable and that we were in good hands. Thanks again for making this possible. The day and the ascent were the highlight of Justin’s and my visit here this year.
– Barry and Justin, Toronto